Are you planning your menu for Super Bowl XLVII yet? Here are some dip recipes that are just scrumptious!
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, beer and dressing mix until
smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese. Serve with pretzels. Yield: 3-1/2
Bacon Wrapped Potatoes with Queso Blanco Dip
Recipe from Southern Living Magazine, December 2012
- 2 medium-size red potatoes, cut into 8 wedges each
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 center-cut bacon slices
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces queso blanco pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 (8-oz.) block pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Place a lightly greased wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°. Sprinkle potato wedges with salt. Wrap each with 1 bacon slice. Arrange potato wedges in a single layer in prepared pan. Sprinkle with pepper.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 40 to 45 minutes or until bacon is crisp and browned.
- 4. Meanwhile, sauté onion in hot oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 5. Combine queso blanco, next 3 ingredients, and onion mixture in a large microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave at HIGH 2 1/2 minutes; stir and microwave 2 1/2 more minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring at 1-minute intervals.
- 6. Stir diced tomato and cilantro into queso blanco mixture. Serve dip with potato wedges.
- Note: We tested with Velveeta Queso Blanco for prepared cheese product.
Recipe from Mr. Food (I miss hearing, “OOOOO it’s so good!” on my noon news broadcast!)
What You’ll Need:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and chopped
- 1/2 pound deli sliced corned beef, finely chopped
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well, and spoon into baking dish.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes, or until bubbly. Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes, or until it begins to turn golden. Serve warm.
Serve with crackers or party rye bread slices.