If you are planning to host a party or just stay home and snuggle with your loved ones to welcome 2013, I have some super simple, few ingredient recipes to share with you.
The first is for a Chili Cheese Log
- 1/2 loaf Velveeta Cheese
- 8oz pkg cream cheese
- 1 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Pinch paprika
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Mix well and refrigerate until firm. Coat a cutting board with chili powder, and roll into logs.
Chill and serve with crackers of your choice.
Next, the YUMMY 3 ingredient bacon wrapped Li’l Smokies
- 1 package cocktail Little Smokies
- 10 oz bacon
- Light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut bacon strips in thirds. Wrap one cut strip around one cocktail sausage, secure with toothpick
- Place sausages in a foil lined baking dish to make cleanup easier
- Generously sprinkle brown sugar over the sausages
- Bake for about 1 hour at 375, or until bacon is crisp. Baking times can vary depending on the thickness of the bacon.
WARNING: THESE CAN BE VERY ADDICTIVE!!!
Next, we have a dual purpose appetizer; Sausage Balls
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage, browned & drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or monterrey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together and shape into 1.5 inch balls
- Place on baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. (I prefer the butter flavored spray for this recipe)
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until the sausage balls are golden brown
These can be frozen after cooling and microwaved for a quick breakfast.