I made a family favorite breakfast this morning, and thought I’d share the recipe. This can be doubled or even tripled if you are making a holiday or even breakfast for a crowd.
- 2 cans of crescent rolls (I buy mine at Aldi for only $1.29 each)
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, browned & drained
- 6 eggs, softly scrambled
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (your favorite kind)
Patch together crescent rolls in an 8×8 baking dish, including the sides of the pan. Bake at 350 degrees until about half way cooked.
Remove from oven and cover with sausage and your softly scrambled eggs.
Return to oven for about 5 minutes, or until eggs are completely set.
Cover with cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.
I vacuum seal the leftovers in individual servings and freeze them. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator and microwave in the morning. You have an instant, filling breakfast.
- Brown & drain Chorizo, use pepper jack cheese and top with salsa and sour cream.
- Use leftover pot roast, sauteed mushrooms & onions and smoked provolone cheese.
- Make a vegetarian option by using tomatoes, onions, peppers, sauteed squash, and any other veggies you like.
- If you’re not a fan of sausage, crisp bacon is definitely an option.